November 30, 2012

November Wrap-up...

We had a lovely Thanksgiving feast with my family. Above is the homemade cornucopia my mom made...looks like a photo from a magazine! We played a new game, hiked in the woods after our big meal & attempted to hang a huge wreath on the front of my mom's house using a scary tall ladder. It was far too windy & the wreath came crashing down. A few days later we were successful & the wreath is now in its rightful spot. My brother insisted my mom get a live tree this year...Cory & I always do so we were supportive of the idea. The hubs played bows & arrows in the woods with my older niece and nephew while my mom, sister and I decorated the tree with the little girls. 
Yesterday was my 33rd birthday; I celebrated with dinner at a Japanese restaurant with mama & the hubs. Tomorrow we'll pick out our Christmas tree & have a Starbucks treat: gingerbread latte for me, peppermint mocha for the mister. Sunday we will celebrate Thanksgiving #2 with the in-laws...hosting is the best motivation to get the house cleaned up & decorated! Work has been busy & I've felt so tired lately. I have 2 weeks left before I am required to take a month-long break. I have to admit I am looking forward to so much free time; a good reset to get me back on track & ready for a new year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment